Fusion Client First Launch
The first time someone launches Fusion Client after Fusion Server has been installed at a new feedlot several steps must be completed to initialize Fusion. This topic explains these steps.
Software License Agreement
The first window you will see after launching Fusion Client the first time is the Software License Agreement window. If you are willing to accept this agreement click the Accept button to continue. Otherwise you will need to click the Quit button and not use Fusion.
||If you would like to keep a copy of the license agreement, click the Save… button to save it to a file or click the Copy button to copy to the clipboard.
First Launch Assistant
The next window you will see is the First Launch Assistant window. This window is used to collect important information needed before Fusion can be used. At the bottom of the window are arrow buttons which can be used to move between the pages. You can go back and edit any information as long as the window is open.
This page explains a bit about this assistant. Proceed to the next page when you are ready.
Operation Information Page
The information collected on this page will be shown on reports and customer invoices. It is also the address we will use to communicate with your feedlot.
- Operation Name. The name of your feedlot. Remember, this is the way it will appear on reports and invoices.
- Address. The address of your feedlot. Usually the box number, street address, or range road address.
- City. The city portion of your feedlot's address.
- Province/State. The province or state portion of your feedlot's address.
- Country. The country portion of your feedlot's address.
- Postal Code. The postal or zip code portion of your feedlot's address.
- Phone Number. The main phone number of your feedlot.
- Location Name. You can add more locations in Fusion later on, but you must start out with one. Fusion will use your operation's name by default, but you can change it if you like. See Core Concepts for more information about locations.
User Information Page
Fusion must have at least one user account set up to work. The information you enter here will be used to create the first user which will have admin privileges so they can set up other users and groups.
By default, Fusion will copy the operation address to the user address page since this is often the same. Make sure you change it if it is not.
- Person Name. The full name of the admin user.
- Address. The admin user's address.
- City. The city portion of the admin user's address.
- Province/State. The province or state portion of the admin user's address.
- Country. The country portion of the admin user's address.
- Postal Code. The postal or zip code portion of the admin user's address.
- Phone Number. The admin user's phone number.
- Email Address. The admin user's email address. This email address will be added to our customer email list which we use to communicate information about upgrades and other important items. It is also a place where questions may be asked and feature requests discussed. You can subscribe other email addresses later.
- User Name. The user name for this user.
- Password. This user's password.
- Retype. The password entered again.
Fusion can work with different units depending on the country you are in or what you are comfortable with. Use this page to choose the units you will work in for each type of value in Fusion.
||This is an important page to get right since many of the units cannot be changed later! If you are unsure about the units for an item please ask before moving on.
- Animal Weight. For recording individual and group weights.
- Animal Temperature. Used when recording the temperature of animals at chuteside.
- Animal Pricing. When you record pricing information, it will be so many dollars per this unit.
- Animal Height. This unit will be used when measuring hip height.
- Animal Backfat Thickness. Used for ultrasound and carcass backfat thickness.
- Animal Ribeye Area. Used for ultrasound and carcass ribeye area.
- Loading and Delivering Feed. The unit used when creating feed loads and when delivering feed to pens.
- Commodity Pricing. Used for commodity and ingredient pricing. You will enter so many dollars per this unit.
- Net Energy. For NEM and NEG ingredient attributes. You may need to consult with your nutritionist about this.
- Truck Capacity. To record the capacity of your feed trucks.
- Water Meter. To record water usage when you use a water meter to temper an ingredient.
- Pen Dimensions. Used to record the length and width of your pens. Pen density will also use this unit (squared).
- Feed Bunk Length. Used to record the length of feed bunks as well as bunk density.
Synchronization With Trucks Page
Most feedlots have feed trucks which need to communicate with Fusion Server. However, it is possible to tell Fusion Server to not listen to feed trucks if you don't have any. This page lets you set this communication up.
- There will be feed truck computers to sync with. Leave this checked on if you are feeding with feed trucks. If not, you can turn this off.
- Listen On Port. By default, Fusion Server will listen for feed truck communication on port 19820. This port must be open to incoming traffic on the server computer (both TCP and UDP) which is explained in the Fusion Resource Guide. Though rare, if there is a reason using port 19820 will not work on your network, you can change the port number here. If you choose a different port you will need to specify this in each truck as well.
These two settings can be changed in later in the Preferences window.
When you get to this page you are nearly finished with the First Launch Assistant window. All you need to do is enter the launch code and click the Proceed button. If for some reason you are not ready to proceed, you can click the Quit button instead. However, the next time you launch Fusion Client you will need to go through this assistant again.
- Launch Code. You should have received a launch code from someone at SSG Fusion prior to this. If you have not, please talk to your contact and request one. It is very important that you have a launch code and that you are connected to the internet before proceeding as this is how you will receive a license key to use Fusion. This cannot easily be done later.
Fusion Setup Assistant Window
After you are finished with the First Launch Assistant window, Fusion will get a license key from the internet and then automatically log you in as the user you just created. You will see the Task Bar window as normal, but Fusion will also open the Fusion Setup Assistant window for you. From now on, each time you log on with Fusion Client in an office computer, the Fusion Setup Assistant window will automatically be opened to help you prepare to start using Fusion. This will continue until you transition. See the Fusion Setup Assistant Window topic for more information.