Animal History Window
This window pulls together all the information Fusion has about an individual animal. It is used mostly to display this information, but some of it can be edited as well.
Editing and Saving Changes
If you plan to edit and fields, you will need to click the lock button in the bottom left of the window first. This is to prevent accidental editing. If you have edited any values, you will need to click the Save button to save the changes, or the Cancel button to ignore the changes you made. Note that Fusion usually provides other ways to affect the information shown in this window so you don't normally have to use this window to edit any fields.
Navigating Among Pages
On the left hand side there is a list of pages of information. When you select one, Fusion will change the right side of the window to display information related to your selection.
Main Fields Page
- RFID. This field is used to store the RFID or EID of the animal. Generally, Fusion is designed to expect one RFID tag per animal. RFID tags can be in different formats and Fusion will always normalize the number into a 15 digit number.
- Custom ID Fields. There is provision in Fusion to store up to five identifications per animal (besides the RFID) called "custom IDs". You can change the label for each custom ID anytime you like in the Preferences window. These fields show these IDs.
- Previous RFID. If an animal gets a new RFID tag during a chuteside job, the old RFID tag will be placed in this field in case it needs to be looked up later. (If this happens multiple times, only the last tag is remembered here.)
This area shows information related to the CCIA database which may be used if you are in Canada.
- Birthdate. The date the animal was born. It is normally filled in during a CCIA age verification.
- Age. The actual age of the animal (if the birthdate is known).
- Age Verified. The age verification status of the animal. It will be Unchecked Fusion hasn't checked with CCIA or CCIA didn't know about the animal. Otherwise it will be Yes if age verified or No if not age verified.
- CCIA Age. This is the age of the animal (if the birthdate is known) in months according to the way CCIA wants this calculated.
- Move In. If a move in event has been submitted to the CCIA, this will show the submission date. It is not possible for Fusion to know if the event caused an error. You will need to check online at the CLTS website periodically for errors.
- Move Out. Similar to Move In, but for move outs.
The information in this section is recalculated by Fusion each night.
- Current Weight. Fusion recalculates this weight each night in a very simplistic way. It simply looks at the first known weight for the animal (from a chuteside job) and the last know weight to figure out the average daily gain. It then uses that value to linearly predict what the animal would weigh today. If there are not at least two known weights, this field will remain zero. Of course, if the animal's weight recordings are not accurate, this will be wrong. Even if they are accurate, it is just a rough prediction.
- Slaughter. This field is where you can enter an estimated slaughter date for animals for later sorting or planning. It can be entered manually here or with the Grid Edit window, but will more likely be set during a chuteside job based on a calculation you set up.
- DM Consumed*. Fusion tries to estimate the amount of feed an animal has consumed. It does this based on the pen history of the animal, so if linking isn't always done this will not be useful at all. Fusion then looks at the feed deliveries to each pen and assumes this animal ate an equal portion to every other animal in the pen.
- Current Lot. Animals can belong to more than one lot during the time they are in your feedlot. Any time you look at an animal's history, Fusion will show the entire history, but a lot will only be billed for products given an animal during the time it is in the lot. This field shows the lot the animal is currently it (or was last in if no longer current).
- Home Pen. If the animal is current, this will show the home pen for the animal. Remember that if you are not linking animals during moves and cohorts properly, this field may not be correct. (See the Animals and Linking section of Core Concepts.)
- Current Pen. If the animal is current, this will show the pen the animal is currently in. Again, if you are not linking animals during moves and cohorts properly, this field may not be correct.
- Current Status. This field lets us know if the animal is current. The animal is automatically current when it first enters the system. It will become non-current when it is linked to an out cohort. When a lot closes, Fusion checks for any animals that belong to the lot that are still current and automatically sets them to be non-current.
- In Date. This is the date Fusion first knew about the animal, normally the day of the first chuteside job where the animal record was created.
- Out Date. The date the animal left the feedlot. Normally this will come from an out cohort the animal was linked to. However, when a lot closes it checks for any animals that are still current and automatically sets them to be non-current and sets the current date as the out date.
- Days on Feed. The number of days the animal has been in the feedlot starting with the animal's In Date.
- Last ADG. This calculation looks at the last two weights for an animal during chuteside jobs and calculates the average daily gain based on those weights. It is only as accurate as those weights are. If less than two weights are known, this will be zero. This field is recalculated each night for current animals.
- Withdrawal (Drugs). This is the animal's withdrawal date based only on drugs it has received.
- Withdrawal (Feed). This is the animal's withdrawal date based only on feed. Note that this will only be accurate if you always link animals during moves because it uses the pen history in this window to determine which pens an animal has been in and, from there, what feed it might have eaten. This field is recalculated every night for current animals.
- Withdrawal (Overall). If you know that the feed based withdrawals are accurate in your system, you will probably only care about this field which combines the drug and feed withdrawal dates together for one overall withdrawal. This is also recalculated every night.
- In Treatment. Tells us whether an animal is currently in a treatment protocol.
- Last Treatment. The date of the last treatment given.
- Diagnosis Count. This will show how many times the animal has been diagnosed with something while in the feedlot.
- Treatment Count. This will be the total number of times the animal has been treated across any diagnoses it has been part of.
You can use this field to add a general note about this animal. This note can be added to from within a chuteside job as well.
These fields are calculated nightly and are based on the pens Fusion thinks the animal was in over the course of its life.
- Avg Pen Density. The average density of all the pens the animal has been in.
- Standard Deviation. The standard deviation of the Avg Pen Density.
- Avg Bunk Density. The average bunk density for all the pens the animal has been in.
- Standard Deviation. The standard deviation of the Avg Bunk Density.
Dollars Into Animal
This area tries to give an estimate the costs for this animal so far. Most of these values are accurate, but the feed cost is estimated based on the feed given to pens Fusion believes the animal was in during the course of its life and the assumption each animal ate an equal amount of feed while in a pen. These values are recalculated each night.
- Drugs (Treat Subjobs). The total amount of drugs administered during a Treat subjob. This would tell you how much money has been put into an animal just for treating illnesses.
- Drugs (Other). The total amount of all non-treatment related drugs which would include vaccinations and implants.
- Inputs. The total amount of all inputs given the animal.
- Yardage. The yardage assigned an animal based on the animal's in date.
- Feed (estimated). As described above, Fusion tried to estimate the dollar value of the feed consumed by the animal.
- Total. The total of the above figures.
Additional Fields Page
- Induction. This is the weight of the animal during its first chuteside job.
- Weight 1-5. Besides the in weight, last seen weight, and the weight at each implant, you can choose to save the weight of an animal at five custom times. The date the weight was taken will also be remembered. This makes it easy to compare weights for individual animals and across animals during a similar time period or event. You can set the label of each custom weight in the Preferences window. You can set the desired custom weight during a chuteside job or manually here or with the Grid Edit window. You can also import the weight from a file. These fields show these dates and weights.
- Last Seen. The weight of the animal the last time it was seen in a chuteside job.
If you want to record information about an animal that doesn't fit into any existing fields, Fusion provides five custom fields to be used any way you like. These are those fields. You can customize the labels of these fields in the Preferences window. Custom fields can be changed during a chuteside job or manually here or with the Grid Edit window. You can also import from a file. If you feel you are storing information that other people might also want to store, please let us know so we can consider adding a dedicated field it in a future version of Fusion.
Genetic Test Fields
Fusion has five fields dedicated to recording the results of genetic tests. These are those fields. You can customize the field labels in the Preferences window. Data for these fields can be entered during a chuteside job or manually here or with the Grid Edit window. You could also import the information from a file.
You can use a chuteside job, the Grid Edit window, or import ultrasound information from a file to get it into these fields. You could also enter this information manually here.
- Backfat Thickness. The backfat thickness measurement.
- Ribeye Area. The ribeye area measurement.
- Projected Yield Grade. The projected yield grade.
- Marbling Score. The marbling score.
- Projected Quality Grade. The projected quality grade.
Fusion will keep track of up to five implant events for each animal in these fields. (If you give more than five implants, all will be remembered in the normal animal history, but only the first five in these fields.) This makes it easy to see what implants an animal has received and to change an implant strategy based on the last implant given, growth since the last implant, etc. At each implant event Fusion records the date, weight, and implant product. Any time a drug defined with Implant for the unit is given during a chuteside job, Fusion fills in the next set of fields.
You can record carcass related data in these fields, either directly or from a file import. The fields aren't described in more detail as the measurements and meaning vary slightly from country to country.
Job History Page
This job shows information about each chuteside job the animal has been in. Fusion will show information for one job on multiple lines as it details all that happened, so jobs will have alternating background colors so it is easy to see which lines belong to a job. The first line for each job shows a summary for the job and subsequent lines show more detail. If you select a line, even more detail will be shown in the Chuteside Job Synopsis/Action area below the list. If you select a line that is related to a treatment, the treatment note (if any) will show in the Treatment Note area. (You can also edit this field by clicking inside it when it is active.)
If you are looking at a long job history and want to more condensed version, click the Hide Event Detail button. Click the Show Event Detail button to show the expanded version again.
Feed related withdrawals, dollar values, and other animal level information are calculated based on what pens an animal has been in while in the feedlot. The animal level pen information is used for this (see the Animals and Linking section of Core Concepts). This page show a list of the pens Fusion thinks the animal has been in over the course of its life and you can edit this information if it is incorrect.
In the list, you can see the date and time of each move, along with who initiated the move. The list also shows the pen the animal was moved from and to as well as the type of move. The From pen column will be blank for the first line since the animal is just entering the feedlot. The To pen will be blank for the last line when the animal has left the feedlot.
To edit a move, select it in the list and then make the appropriate changes to the right. Note that you cannot change the date and time for some movement types where the date was set by another event such as a chuteside job. When you change a date or the To pen, Fusion will make other changes in the list to ensure the movements are chronological and the to and from pens make sense from move to move.
To add a move to the list, click the + button. To remove a move from the list, click the - button. If you have deleted some moves and want them back, click the Restore Deleted Moves (This Session Only) button. This only works as long as the window stays open.
Lots Belonged To
An animal may belong to more than one lot during the course of its life. Its full history is always available, but a lot is only billed for things that occur while the animal is associated with it. If an animal doesn't belong to any lot for a period of time, things that happen to the animal during that time will not be billed anywhere. This area shows a list of the lots an animal has belonged to over time.
The list shows the date the animal started belonging to the lot as well as the location and lot it belonged to. You can edit this information by selecting a row in the list and making changes on the right.
- In Date. Enter the date the animal started belonging to this lot. Note that a lot cannot belong to the different lots on the same date.
- Location. Enter the location the lot is in.
- Lot. Enter the name of the lot the animal belongs to.
||If you change a lot in the past, Fusion will take the drugs and inputs that belong to that animal away from the original lot and make them part of the new lot. This may affect invoices and other reports if they are reprinted!
To add a new lot, click the + button. To remove a lot, click the - button. Note that there are other ways to move animals to a different lot in Fusion including during a chuteside job and with the Bulk Update window.
Withdrawal History Page
This page shows a list of any item that ever affected an animal's withdrawal. This can be from drugs as well as rations that were fed the animal. If the item is contributing to a current withdrawal date, the line will show up in red in the list.
- Date. The date the product was given the animal.
- Product. The name of the drug or ingredient that was given.
- Where. Shows the job or pen or event where the product was administered. Double-Click the line to open the related information where possible.
- Withdrawal. The withdrawal date based on this product and date. An animal's overall withdrawal date would be the most future of these dates.
You can open this window by requesting to look at an animal's history from several places in Fusion including the Animal List window.