Pen Focus Window
The Pen Focus window operates in conjunction with the Bunk Call/Feed Delivery window. Basically, the Bunk Call/Feed Delivery window changes based on the pen selected in the Pen Focus window.
By default, the Pen Focus window will list, in drive order, only the pens that are assigned the ration currently on the truck and that still need feed for the current pass. The first pen is automatically selected when the window is first opened and subsequent pens will automatically be selected as each pen is fed. You can manually select a different pen if you like.
- Call. This column will have a check if at least one bunk call has been made for the pen today.
- Pen. The name of the pen.
- Ration. The ration currently assigned the pen.
- Count. The head count in the pen.
- Sex. The sex (M for male, F for female) of the principle lot within the pen.
- Progress. Lets you see how much feed the pen has received so far today. The first number is how many deliveries have been made and the second is the percentage of the bunk call achieved. This percentage is based on the dry matter delivered, so it will be accurate even if multiple rations are fed during the day.
- Left This Pass. Shows the amount (as fed) left to be fed the pen for this pass. The total for all displayed pens is shown below the list.
Occasionally you may want to view pens in this list that are not currently showing. You can use the Filter popup to do this:
- Truck Ration. The default if there is a ration on the truck. It shows the pens assigned the truck's ration that still need feed for the current feeding pass.
- All Pens. Will list all pens that have animals in them, regardless of the ration assigned or the amount of feed fed so far. This is especially useful for getting to a new pen that hasn't been assigned a ration yet.
- Empty Pens. Lists any pens that don't have animals in them. You can't give these pens a bunk call, but you can feed them in anticipation of cattle being placed in the pen later in the day. Note that feed given to an empty pen will not be billed anywhere unless an in cohort or move places cattle in that pen before midnight.
- Specific Ration. You can also choose from a list of rations that are currently assigned to pens. With a ration chosen, Fusion will only shows pens assigned that ration that still need feed for the current pass.
It is possible to feed with several passes. Only pens that have not been fed enough for the current pass will be shown in the list. When you are finished feeding a pass, change it to the next one. Each truck can be on a different pass.
The information in the Pen Focus window normally updates itself as bunk calls are made and pens are fed. However, you can click the Refresh button to force it to update the list.