Health Summary Report
This window is used to print the Health Summary report which summarizes morbidity and mortality issues for a time period. This information can be broken down in several different ways, depending on the options you choose in this window before printing.
- Location. Choose the location you want to report on. If you leave this field set to All Locations, Fusion will combine the information across all locations for the report.
- Date Range. Enter the date range for the report. Fusion will only look at diagnoses and deaths that occurred in this date range for the report.
- Lot Filter Range. If you want the report to reflect diagnosis and deaths in the period, but only those associated with lots that were open during another period, you can enter a date range here. Fusion will restrict the data to that which is from lots that were open during this time period. For example, you might want to see a report of issues that happened in December, but only for lots that were open in October.
- Lot Filter Type. If you are using the Lot Filter Range, this field determines whether the range is based on a lot's first in date and last out date or the average in and average out dates.
- Sort Option. Use this field to choose whether the morbidity and mortality sections in the report are printed alphabetically or by incidence rate.
- Include Summary Area. Turn this option on if you want the summary section to print. This section summarizes the pertinent information for each selected cattle type and/or sex at the beginning of the report.
- Include Morbidity Area. Turn this on to include the morbidity section of the report. This section shows incidence and relapse rates for each diagnosis (and pulls within the diagnosis).
- Include Mortality Area. Turn this option on to include the mortality section which shows totals and incidence rates for each death cause.
- Include Diagnoses and Death Causes Even When Zero. Normally Fusion only includes diagnoses and death causes that were pertinent in the time period. However, if you want the report to include every diagnosis and death cause, even if the incidence during the period was zero, turn this option on.
- Filter. The report will break the data down by cattle type and/or sex based on your settings here. Choose Cattle Type to only break down by cattle type, Sex to only break down by sex, and Cattle Type and Sex to break down by both. As you change this, the list below will show the possible breaks and you can choose which ones to include on the report by checking or unchecking them in the list. Note that on regular sized paper (8.5" x 11"), you can print up to 4 groups in portrait mode and up to 6 groups in landscape mode, so you need to keep this in mind when deciding which groups to include in this area.
Once you have set these option up, click the Print button to have Fusion generate and print the report. Or you can click the Cancel button if you change your mind.
It may be helpful to know how Fusion arrives at the figures on the report. Some of the figures should be obvious, but others can be calculated in different ways so we show how Fusion does it here.
- Morbidity Incidence (Summary Section). (Morbidity Count ÷ (Head Days In Period ÷ Days In Period)) * 100
- Mortality Incidence (Summary Section). (Mortality Count ÷ (Head Days In Period ÷ Days In Period)) * 100
- Incidence (Morbidity Section). (Incidence Count ÷ (Head Days In Period ÷ Days In Period)) * 100
- Relapse (Morbidity Section). (Incidence Count ÷ Last Incidence Count) * 100 where Last Incidence Count is the incidence count of the previous pull for the diagnosis. If this is the first pull, a relapse rate isn't calculated.
- Incidence (Mortality Section). (Incidence Count ÷ (Head Days In Period ÷ Days In Period)) * 100
You can open this window by going to .